Friday, June 28, 2013

콩나물무침 - Kongnamul Muchim

Seasoned Soybean Sprout Side Dish

A simple side dish to eat with rice.  I got the recipe from maangchi.com.  I pretty much followed the recipe, but I found that the seasoning was a little light so I doubled the amounts of the seasonings.  I've only found the soybean sprouts at my local Korean market.  Or you can use a can of soybean sprouts from the Asian section in your grocery store.  Although, fresh is a lot better.

 

Ingredients:
I put 1 cup of water in a pot and added 1 tsp of salt, then put in the soybean sprouts and set to med-high and covered.  After 10 minutes are drained the water and added the rest of the ingredients and mixed.  That's it!  Put in a contained with a lid and store in the fridge for later use or eat right away with rice.  Many Korean side dishes are eaten cold with hot rice, so when you are ready to eat it later, just pull it out of the fridge and set on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment