Friday, June 28, 2013

멸치볶음 - Myulchi Bokkeum


 Fried Spicy and Sweet Dried Anchovy Side Dish

I know what your thinking.  Anchovies?  Yes, anchovies!  They are so tasty in this side dish.  Maangchi.com's recipe is great for this.  I don't change anything.  These little dried anchovies are about 1 inch long.  They are found in the freezer section of my local Koren market.  This is one of my favorite side dishes.  I love the spicy and sweet combination and the texture of the dried anchovies.

Ingredients:
First I mixed the sugar, garlic, hot pepper paste, and water in a bowl and set aside.

Then I put the anchovies in a frying pan and fried for a couple of minutes.  Then added the olive oil and fried for another couple of minutes.  Then pushed the fish to the side and put the sauce on the cleared space in the pan and let it cook the sauce for 20-30 seconds and then mixed it with the anchovies.  Mix well and take of the stove.  Then add the sesame oil and sesame seeds and mix.  Put in a dish with a lid and store in the fridge or eat right away as a side with rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment